HDS Securities aim is to ensure that all staff not only receive the Basic Training essential for any Security Officer but receive the necessary on-site specialist training to ensure duties are correctly and efficiently executed in a professional manner.
The company policy is to conform to the requirements of the Code of Practice BS 7499. Basic Training – All new staff undergo in-house and relevant site training prior to being rostered to Assignment, the course covers a variety of areas from:
- Basic training – presentations on filling in incident reports correctly, DOB Book, Filing, C.C.T.V. Monitoring, Law, Access Control
- Manual Handling – video
- Health and Safety – video
- Communications – presentations on use of radios, using a switchboard
- Security Awareness – presentations are given on Bomb Threats and Improvised Explosive Devices together with instruction in techniques for recording Suspicious Persons and Vehicles.
- High Risk Conflict – presentation and scenario (role playing)